Attendance is vital to being successful in the classroom. When a student is absent, the parent/guardian needs to call that day and notify our attendance clerk, Debbie Pickard, of the absence. The parent/guardian then needs to send a parent/doctor note within 3 days of the absence for it to be excused. Any absence not documented with a parent/doctor note within 3 days will be unexcused.
Regarding makeup work, the student will get one day for each day absent to makeup his/her school work (WOHS policy).
If a student misses due to an extra-curricular event, then it is the student’s responsibility to ask for his/her assignments prior to the missed day and to return with them completed (WOHS policy).
When you are absent:
- You will need to read and copy missed notes. You will find a box on the blog (griffinl.wonecks.net) titled “INTERACTIVE STUDENT NOTEBOOKS” with a link for either Geometry or PreAP Geometry that will take you to Evernote. There you will see every completed page of the ISN for your class.
- You will need to login to your account at bigideasmath.com. Under the Resources tab is a yellow icon with “Student Dynamic ebook”. Click on this and go to the chapter and section we are studying. There you will find video examples of every example along with extra examples. There is a blue “Play” icon beside each example and you simply click on each one to watch the video.
- If you feel you still need further information, go to http://www.khanacademy.org/math/geometry Here you will find additional videos with relevant material.
- Missing due to EXTRA-curricular does NOT excuse you from doing your classwork. It makes you work EXTRA hard to be successful in and out of the classroom.
- Come in before school on the day you return to get any questions you may have answered.